Letters to the players

The following are letters from IU fans (not really) addressed to the Hoosier players and coach prior to their Big Ten battle with No. 19 Ohio State which will determine first place in the conference. These fans know what needs to get done tomorrow for IU to avoid a second straight home flop.\nDear Tom Coverdale:\nWhat up Cove? It's me dude, your boy from Noblesville High School. Go Millers! We weren't real close back in the day but remember when we hung out at the bar the other night? That was the coolest night of my whole semester. I know you didn't really talk to me, but I am sure you remember. Hey man, I'll be the guy in the balcony with the "Coverdale is God" sign. Remember Joe, he'll be behind the north basket with the "O" as in "C-O-V-E" painted on his chest. I remember that time in high school when…well nevermind. Hey Cove, you're obviously the best player on the team and in the Big Ten, but you only scored six points against Michigan man. What's gives? You have to control the court tomorrow if we want to have any chance against Ohio State's three guard lineup. I bet all my friends that you would go for 25 points and your three-point shooting woes against Wisconsin were a fluke. You need to match OSU's Brian Brown point-for-point -- that shouldn't be a problem right? You're so cool -- and I think Donald Perry is terrible.\nDear Donald Perry:\nI'm just a freshman here at IU, but I think you're really good. Why don't you take more shots? I don't really know anything about IU basketball, but I know a good point guard when I see one --I don't care what everyone else says about you. Hey man, next time you have an open 12-footer to win a Big Ten game in the final seconds, take it! You didn't even take a shot last time you played the Buckeyes -- you know what the rim looks like right? Hey you're from Louisiana, have you ever been to Mardi Gras?\nDear Dane Fife:\nDane you are the cutest player on the team. Every time I go to the game I wear your number. I like a guy that plays defense, and that is your specialty. But why did Brian Brown score 26 points last time you played Ohio State? You know this game is important right? Do you have a girlfriend? You need to score more because Jared is hurt, and if you don't shoot well, we are going to get killed. You do remember only scoring four points against this team last time right? Can I have your number?\nDear Jared Jeffries:\nI am a 1993 alumni, and I don't think you understand the magnitude of tomorrow night's game. My family has passed down season tickets since before you were kicking in the womb. I was at IU when we last won the Big Ten. The parties, the excitement, the short shorts…the good old days. Jared, I don't care if your ankle hurts -- walk it off. Don't you get it? If we lose tomorrow night, Ohio State will cruise to the championship. I love this school, and you can't let this opportunity slip away, it's too important to me.\nDear Jarrad Odle:\nI live in South Bend, and I have never been a fan of IU basketball. But what you have done this year has been inspiring. I am naming my next boy -- or girl -- "Jarrad," after you. Your effort has been unrelenting and chapters are constantly added to your season's great story. But now everyone expects you to do well. No more "wow, Odle scored." Good luck!\nDear Mike Davis:\nI watched the Wisconsin game and maybe our team does get "hosed down" everywhere we play. Do the team a favor tonight -- don't let the team get in position to get hosed. And take care of those Noblesville fans, they're out of control.