Last day to buy basketball tickets

Today is the last day to purchase tickets for the 2001/2002 basketball season. Students can order tickets at Assembly Hall or online at www.athletics.indiana.edu/tickets.\nThe men's basketball schedule features 29 games, including 10 at Assembly Hall, 18 on ESPN/ESPN2/ESPN-Plus and five on CBS.\nThe regular season begins Nov. 18 when the Hoosiers travel to Charlotte, N.C., to face the 49ers of UNC-Charlotte. \nIU and Kentucky will meet for the 45th time when the two teams face each other at the RCA Dome in Indianapolis Dec. 22. The Hoosiers will pay another visit to the Circle City when they host the 20th annual Ameritech Hoosier Classic at Conseco Fieldhouse Dec. 28-29.\nTicket prices for the 2001-2002 season are $23 per game for lower-level seating and $16 per game for balcony seating. Season ticket holders, faculty, staff and students will be sent ticket order forms in the coming week. IU student ticket packages will feature 10 games this season and cost $115.\nCurrently a mini-series ticket package, which features contests against Athletes in Action, Marathon and Penn State (all three games must be purchased) is available to the public. Tickets may also be purchased for the Hoosier Classic at a price of $46 (includes both nights). To purchase tickets or to be placed on a wait list for season tickets, contact the IU ticket office at 1-866-IUSPORTS.