Decision time for top recruits

Strickland, Wright, Pegram expected to join team next fall

IU is expected to officially land three men's basketball recruits today, the first day recruits can sign national letters of intent. \nSix-foot-three, 186-pound Bracey Wright (The Colony, Texas) verbally committed to the Hoosiers in September after averaging 21.6 points, 6.1 rebounds, three assists and two steals per game for the Cougars. Wright was also voted most valuable player in the summer's Peach Jam Amateur Athletic Union tournament in Atlanta, which his Texas team won.\nWright's stepfather confirmed the guard is going to sign with the Hoosiers and will hold a press conference today at 3 p.m.\n"I'm as anxious as I can be," Wright said at Midnight Madness.\nWright visited IU in September, just days before signing, then returned for Midnight Madness Oct. 13. Wright is the nation's top shooting guard, according to Rivalhoops.com \nFellow guard Marshall Strickland is expected to join Wright in IU's backcourt. Strickland, a six-foot-two, 185-pounder, averaged 30.5 points, 4.2 assists, 4.3 rebounds and 1.9 steals per game as a junior at South Carroll High School in Mt. Airy, Md. Rivalhoops.com lists Strickland, who verbally committed in July and joined Wright on a visit to IU during Midnight Madness, as the No. 4 point guard in the nation.\n"The fans here are serious," Strickland told the IDS at Midnight Madness. "That's something I really like. I'm real excited."\nIU's final recruit, Daryl Pegram, didn't verbally commit to the Hoosiers until earlier this month and is set to begin his senior season at Worcester (Mass.) Academy, where he averaged 13 points, seven rebounds and two blocks per game last season. \nA native of San Bernadino, Calif., Pegram is listed at six-foot-eight and 185 pounds and visited Bloomington two weeks ago, when he witnessed IU's 105-59 victory against Athletes In Action. Several publications have named Pegram, who received offers from Ivy League schools, as one of the top 100 recruits. \n"(IU) offers a great combination of academics and athletics," Pegram said earlier this month. "It was hard to pass up. I just wanted the best challenge I could find."\nCheck Thursday's IDS for more coverage.