Team performs well in Fla.

The IU track and field team represented themselves well this weekend. Both the IU women and men's team went down to the Florida Relays in Gainesville. They also sent athletes to the Stanford Invitational.\nThe Hoosiers shone in their meets with three individual victories, one relay victory and other strong performances, including several top 10 finishes. Two individual victories were by juniors Rachelle Boone and Danielle Carruther's. Carruther's victory came in the 100-meter dash with a time of 11.54 seconds. Boone's victory came in the 200-meter dash and was an NCAA provisional mark. The 4 X 100 team earned a first place finish.\n"The kids we took did well. It is only our second meet, we did great," coach Randy Heisler said. "The objective right now is to run against strong competition while we are still training hard."\nThe men's team had an impressive meet too. Senior Wasyl Fedoriw took a third place finish in the shot put. Freshman UnRico Lloyd had a strong race in the 100 meters and finished 4th overall, which is also how he finished in the long jump. Another freshman, Aarik Wilson, continued his string of good showings in the triple jump by finishing first. The 4 X 100 meter relay team also had a strong showing finishing fourth overall, despite being sore.\nThe warm weather prepares them for the rest of the outdoor season. It also helped prepare the men for their big meet next weekend in Texas.\n"I don't think it will be as humid in Texas next weekend but being in the heat should help us," Wilson said.\nIn California, sophomore Tom Burns had a 19th place finish in the steeplechase and teammate Jeff Zeha finished in 24th. In the 1000 meters sophomore Bart Phariss finished 32nd in his heat but the heat had many NCAA provisionals. In the 1500, freshman John Jefferson finished 22nd with a time of 3:48.