Time for work

Kirkwood, you won. The numbers speak for themselves. Kirkwood: 3,184; Synergy: 2,030; Steel: 2,000. The IU Student Association Elections Commission heard complaints, the IUSA Supreme Court heard complaints, and it's finally over. I felt all candidates were qualified, and it turned out fairly. Fines were imposed, but the voters decided the election. \nThe pressure is still on for Kirkwood. You promised to "work hard, play hard." After working hard enough to win the election, you now have to work hard enough to make a difference. You were daring in your campaign promises, but now you must come through. Change the alcohol policy, put kegs in dorms, turn this place into a wet campus, or just do something to make an impact. \nIt's no secret you targeted the greek system to win the election, so do something for the greek community, but don't forget about all undergraduates. You plan on giving graduate students freedom to separate -- just be sure to get their opinions. \nI felt all of the candidates were worthy of leading IUSA through another year. But Kirkwood won, fair and square. The decision was handed down, fines were imposed, contestments were made. And now it's over. \nBut putting all the controversy aside, it's now time to look out for the most important aspect of IUSA, the students.\nKirkwood: Play hard, but get your work done.