Court date set for football player

Young arraigned on sexual assault charges

Clarence Young had his day in court. Friday, the junior cornerback of the IU football team was at the bench of judge Marc R. Kellams at the Monroe County Courthouse facing arraignment for sexual assault charges. \nYoung was brought up on attempted rape, a class B felony; sexual battery, a class C felony; criminal confinement, a class D felony; and battery, a class A misdemeanor from a October incident where a woman accused Young of assaulting her in a bathroom at a party. Young also faces another charge of sexual battery from a July incident.\nWearing a blue shirt, tie, navy blue pants and a brown leather coat with fur around the collar, Young sat quietly with two unidentified individuals, a man and a woman, until Kellams called him up to the bench at 2:45 p.m., 15 minutes later than originally scheduled. Kellams read the list of charges stemming from July and October incidents where Young is accused of sexual assault along with various charges. \nYoung answered with "yes sir" to all of Kellams' questions until he put in his plea of not guilty to all charges. There was a brief break in the arraignment as members from the prosecutors office left the courtroom to find a "no contact" form for Young to sign. \nYoung was forced to sign two no contact forms, disallowing him to have any contact with the alleged victims from the July and October incidents. Once the forms were signed, Young elected to take a public prosecutor, Clarence Frank, for his trial that was set for March 28 at 10 a.m. Young left the courtroom at 3:15 p.m. and had no comment. \n"There's nothing I can say right now," Young said as the woman accompanying him pulled him away.