Save this for a boring Friday

How High - R\nStarring: Method Man, Redman\nDirected by: Jesse Dylan\nShowing: Showplace West 12\nIn the spirit of Cheech and Chong comes "How High," a new comedy about two stoners who smoke some magical pot before taking their college entrance exams. They ace the tests, earn scholarships to Harvard and proceed to turn the prestigious school upside-down. \n"How High" has a "Dude, Where's My Car?" feel to it, which I thought was a good thing. There's something comforting about a movie that's all about having a good time, and surprisingly enough, Method Man and Redman are up to the task of carrying an entire film.\nThere is a good balance between the two characters: Redman's Jamal is a carefree, tail-chasing pot head, while Method Man's Silas is smart, tough and somewhat romantic. Both characters are either smoking or eating in every scene, and like the cult classic "Cheech and Chong's Up in Smoke," there is never a serious moment.\nMuch like "Up in Smoke," "How High" doesn't have any specific plot or conflict that carries on from start to finish. Instead, it takes a lead from its two main characters, doing whatever it can to have fun and maintain a high spirit. There is a fun randomness to the film, like a scene where a group of kids at a house party cheer on a horse as it chugs beer. Like the cops in "Up in Smoke," "How High" has the disciplinarian Obba Babatunde (Dean Cain), and in both films, these foes become fun loving when our heroes get them high. The movie is not as funny as "Up in Smoke" but has the same kind of energy and attitude as its predecessor. \nThis is a perfect movie for a boring nothing-to-do Friday night in a buddy's basement. I dug it, and even watched it sober.\n

This movie bombed. Don't waste your time.