Final win overflows with emotion

It might not have been the prettiest season, but the Hoosiers managed to turn a 1-5 record around and win four of their final five games, including two against big-time rivals.\nFirst came Purdue and the return of the Old Oaken Bucket, and on Saturday the Hoosiers beat Kentucky 26-15 in a emotionally-charged game that erupted on the final snap of the game.\nWith nine seconds left on the clock, senior Antwaan Randle El and his offense, got in the final, "victory" formation. But as soon as the ball was snapped, an IU player and a UK player threw each other on the ground.\nBoth benches emptied onto the field as the clock expired.\n"I've personally never seen a bench clear during the victory formation, but emotions were high out there," senior center Craig Osika said. "(Kentucky was) upset they lost, and we were excited we won and some things got out of hand. I was just taking it all in, until somebody started rushing me."\nJust prior to the grand finale, IU got the ball back on the first interception of the game. \nWith just more than two minutes on the clock senior cornerback Marcus Floyd jumped in front of a pass near the goal, and returned it for nine yards.\nDespite an overall lackluster game, the Hoosiers were able to pull out the win against Kentucky, despite an excessive number of penalties, odd calls and minor scuffles.\nKentucky jumped off to a quick lead after receiving the ball in the first half. In 10 plays, the Wildcats covered 60 yards to find the endzone on a wild play.\nKentucky sophomore quarterback Jared Lorenzen found freshman wide receiver Tommy Cook, who fumbled the ball forward into the endzone. Despite Hoosiers being in the endzone, it was the Wildcats' Derek Abney that fell on the ball first for a UK score.\nBut IU needed only three-and-a-half minutes to score the first of its three first-half touchdowns when junior fullback Jeremi Johnson ran for a 1-yard touchdown.\nFor a team that usually dominates the rushing game, IU took to the air 21 times in the first half. That's only two fewer than the 23 passes the Hoosiers average per game.\nSenior quarterback Antwaan Randle El completed 15 of 31 passes for 194 yards, connected with two touchdowns and saw one of his touchdown passes to freshman wide receiver Travis Haney retracted by an offensive pass interference call.\n"We knew they were a fast-flowing team, so we had to go downhill at them," Williams said. "We just had to run off-tackles, just make plays, and we did."\nThe defense saw big performances from Floyd, who had 11 total tackles and the late interception, and from senior defensive end Kemp Rasmussen, who had six tackles, four for a loss of yardage. In all, he pushed Kentucky back 21 yards.\nPrior to the game, each of IU's seniors was recognized, but following the game, the finality of the game had yet to "sink in."\n"I can't really express my emotions right now, but it's a good feeling," Randle El, who got carried off the field, said. "I'm happy, I'm emotional, but it's a great feeling right now. It's been great here at IU. I've said that a lot of times, but my time at IU has been well"