Team undefeated in the Big Ten

The men's soccer team will face two conference opponents on the road this weekend. Today, IU (7-2-0, 3-0) travels to the University of Wisconsin to battle the Badgers (6-4-1, 0-1). Sunday, they face the Northwestern Wildcats (0-8-2, 0-4) in Evanston, Ill.\nWhen the No. 6 Hoosiers travel to Northwestern, they will find a Wildcat team hungry for a win. The Wildcats have yet to win a game this year and have never beaten the Hoosiers, who have outscored them 87-6 in their 17 meetings. Northwestern returns only six starters from last year's squad.\n"It's the kind of game that we should win," coach Jerry Yeagley said. "But we have to be careful because as long as they can keep us off the score board they have a chance. Hopefully our offensive production will continue."\nThe Hoosiers have been very successful against Wisconsin in the past as well. They have not lost a game to the Badgers since 1995, holding a 23-3-3 overall record against them. \nLast season, at Bill Armstrong Stadium, the Hoosiers defeated Wisconsin 3-1. But junior forward Pat Noonan said that past dominance should not give the Hoosiers a false sense of security.\n"It's a Big Ten game and it's going to be a battle," Noonan said. "If we let down our guard and don't come out with some intensity, it's going to bite us." \nA Wisconsin player who may pose a threat for the Hoosiers is senior forward Nick DaPra. He leads the Big Ten in scoring with 11 goals and will go head to head with Noonan and Mike Ambersley, the Hoosiers main offensive weapons.\n "(DaPra) can beat a team by himself," Yeagley said. "He's a senior, he's strong, he's fast, he has very good moves, and he can shoot with either foot at any time. He's as good a forward as we'll face in the conference all year."\n The Badgers squad is laden with upperclassmen, which is in sharp contrast with IU's, which currently has two true freshman and a red shirt freshman in the starting lineup. Ambersley, who is coming off an impressive hat trick performance against Michigan last weekend, may be a source of offense again this weekend. \n "I can't be worried about (scoring)," Ambersley said. "I'll try to get my teammates involved as much as I can...if we win, that's all that matters."\nNed Grabavoy, who along with Amberlsey is part of IU's highly touted freshmen class, has been out all season with a broken foot. After participating in two team scrimmages this week, Yeagley has decided he's ready to play. \n"He's far from 100 percent but he still can do some things that very few players can do," Yeagley said. "His mobility right now in terms of covering the ground and movement off the ball is what's holding him back. When he has the ball good things happen." \nAlthough Grabavoy won't start, Yeagley said he will see minutes at the forward and possibly the midfield position. Sophomore back David Prall will also see his first minutes of the 2001 season this weekend. He was a vocal part of last year's defense and led all backs in scoring with three goals and six points.\nIU's defense has been solid this year, posting five shutouts. The defense will look to continue its success this weekend. Senior back Josh Rife said shutouts are not just a credit to the defense, but aggressive play by the offense as well. \n"(Shutouts are) not really our main focus," Rife said. "It's a nice product of good work, but it doesn't just start with us in the back. It starts all the way up top with guys like Pat (Noonan) and Mike Ambersley...it's a collective effort."\nYeagley said although the Hoosiers may appear superior on paper, they can't take Wisconsin or Northwestern for granted. \n"Going on the road for two conference games, anything can happen," Yeagley said.