Rock band Orgy to play Murat

The electro-grunge band Orgy will hit the Egyptian Room in Indianapolis tonight for a show that promises to provide plenty of high-energy music. The show is set to begin at 7:30.\nOrgy is touring in support of their second release, Vapor Transmission. The album had a strong opening week, debuting at the No. 16 spot on Billboard's Top 200 last October. The release drew varying responses -- Billboard praised the album as a science fiction epic while Wall of Sound brushed them off for resembling stuck-in-the-80s glam rockers.\nFollowing in the footsteps of bands like Korn and Limp Bizkit, Orgy burst onto the music scene with the techno-inspired Candyass, an album that would eventually go platinum. Much of Orgy's success can be attributed to their business partners, Korn. Orgy was the first band signed to Korn's Elementree label. The coverage and recognition put Orgy near the top of a recent wave of neo-metal artists.\nBut with its cover, New Order's "Blue Monday," Orgy separated themselves from this onslaught and made a name for themselves elsewhere in the music world. A world stuck in limbo between albums from such artists as Marilyn Manson and Nine Inch Nails, both of which seem to strongly influence the goth and industrial Orgy.\nThe band's sound comes from a mixture of the hard, neo-metal guitars and an array of sci-fi sound effects. This mixture has made Orgy a hard band to classify in terms of genre. Their wide use of standard guitars and a five-piece outfit give Orgy the look and feel of a rock band, but the widespread use of computer-based beats gives an impressions of the likes of the Chemical Brothers and Nine Inch Nails.\nOrgy's second single, "Stitches," while not as recognized as "Blue Monday," helped establish Orgy as a metal group and discouraged doubters who classified them as a simple cover band or a one hit wonder.\nOpening for Orgy will be the Southern California-based Alien Ant Farm and Roadrunner Records artists Spineshank. Alien Ant Farm, the first band signed to Papa Roach's New Noize label, will stay on tour with Orgy when they join Papa Roach in March. Alien Ant Farm, whose first album, ANThology, is due out March 6, just finished a short tour with Linkin Park and Taproot. Spineshank is touring in support of their 2000 release, The Height of Callousness.