Team gets 4th in tourney

4 team members take top honors at invitational

Sophomore Megan Geers won the 200-yard breaststroke and freshman Sarah Fiden took first place in the 1,650-yard freestyle for the women's swimming team Sunday in at the Miami Invitational in Oxford, Ohio. Fiden defeated her nearest competitor by almost 13 seconds with a time of 16:49.62.\nThe Hoosiers finished fourth with 331 among 12 teams. Illinois won with 933 points.\nJunior Susan Woessner won the 100-yard backstroke, placed third in the 100-yard butterfly and swam the first leg of the third-place 200-yard medley relay at the invitational.\nIn the 100-yard freestyle, sophomore Anne Williams placed fifth in a time of :52.62, Woessner finished eighth (:52.92) and Fiden took 18th (:54.31).\nWoessner took first in the 100-yard back with a time of 56 seconds. Sophomore Colleen McCracken finished sixth in the event with a time of :58.81. The 200 medley relay team of Woessner, Geers, McCracken and Williams swam in a time of 1:47.11.\nSophomore Maggie Helmers placed sixth in the 400-yard individual medley while Fiden finished eighth with a time of 1:54.29 in the 200-yard freestyle. Williams placed ninth in the 200-yard free.\nSenior Jenn Cristy won the 50-yard freestyle Friday in a time of :23.59. Williams tied for seventh in the event. Cristy, Williams, freshman Meghan Medendorp and sophomore Sarah Bowman combined for a second-place finish behind Illinois in the 200 freestyle relay. \nIn the 400 medley relay, Woessner, Geers, McCracken and Cristy placed second to Illinois.