Men in Black

Summer event movies just don't get better than this one. The movie obviously has tons of glitzy visual effects and stunning production design by Bo Welch, but it is also smart and funny. Fans of the movie who have been impatient for the release of the DVD will be pleasantly surprised to find the three DVD versions of the film well worth the wait. But those with extra cash will definitely want the limited edition of the DVD. \nThe film's anamorphic widescreen transfer is perfection, as you can expect from any Columbia Tristar Home Video releases. In the limited edition of "Men in Black," there is so much bonus material here that a second disc is actually needed to include all of them. \nThe set includes the commentary with director Barry Sonnenfeld and star Tommy Lee Jones, storyboards, featurettes, the trailer and the Will Smith music video. Some of the nifty exclusive features in this set include a second audio commentary with the Industrial Light & Magic special effects team, scene editing workshops and production photo galleries. \nOne minor complaint about the "Men in Black" set is that Columbia Tristar should have combined the two discs into a single DVD-18 disc (as Artisan did with "T2" and "The Blair Witch Project"). Aside from that, this is a truly impressive set.