arts community events

38th Annual Arts and Fair on the Square opens artist submissions

arts filler.JPG

The Bloomington Playwrights Project is now accepting applications for the 38th Annual Arts Fair on the Square from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. June 23, 2018, in downtown Bloomington. 

Work from the selected artists will be judged and displayed on the grounds surrounding the Monroe County Courthouse. This event attracts more than 4,100 new and returning visitors each year and features 100 national, regional and local artists and craftspeople, according to a Bloomington Playwright's Project press release. 

In addition to attracting regional and local artists, the fair also brings in patrons from all over Indiana and other states due to its commitment to quality arts and craftsmanship, according to the press release. 

The Arts Fair on the Square's goal is to showcase fine art and craft of the highest quality, connect artists with the art-buying community and promote commitment to the arts through a variety of interactive arts experiences, according to the press release. 

The artist application deadline is March 15, 2018. All art mediums are welcome and artists of any kind are encouraged to apply, according to the press release. More information and submission guidelines can be found at the Arts Fair on the Square website

Katie Chrisco