IU basketball lands fourth commitment for 2018 class

69248_archiemiller1f

IU Coach Archie Miller talks to the media during media availability July 18. Starting next season, Miller's IU teams will play Purdue twice under the new 20-game Big Ten men's basketball regular season format.  Bobby Goddin Buy Photos

IU Coach Archie Miller hasn’t even coached his first game for the Hoosiers, yet his first full recruiting class is quickly filling up. 

On Monday, Jake Forrester became the fourth commitment for the 2018 recruiting class. Forrester is a three-star power forward from Pennsylvania, and 247Sports ranks him as the No. 147 prospect. 

Forrester visited IU over the weekend and committed after the visit. Assistant Coach Bruiser Flint was his lead recruiter, and Forrester picked IU over other offers from Virginia Tech, Vanderbilt, Xavier, Pitt and Georgia Tech. 

With his commitment, IU’s recruiting class vaults to No. 2 in the country by Scout and No. 3 by 247Sports. The other three players in the class are point guard Rob Phinisee, forward Jerome Hunter and forward Damezi Anderson. 

IU will have one more open spot in its 2018 recruiting class with five Hoosiers set to graduate following this season. All eyes now move to five-star shooting guard Romeo Langford from New Albany, Indiana. Per 247Sports, he is the fifth-best player in the nation and has listed IU among his top seven schools. Langford is reportedly set to visit IU for Hoosier Hysteria on Oct. 21. 

Andrew Hussey 

More in Sports