Moren adds 2 graduate assisants to women's basketball staff

Head coach Teri Moren takes a knee at the edge of the court during the fourth quarter of play on Feb. 4 at Assembly Hall. The Hoosiers held on late to beat the Iowa Hawkeyes 79-74.

IU Coach Teri Moren added two graduate assistants to the women’s basketball staff on Tuesday, according to a press release.

Nine-year WNBA veteran Mistie Bass and former Maryland women’s basketball video intern Eddie Praley were both hired to provide support and experience, Moren said.

“We are excited to have Mistie Bass and Eddie Praley join our program, who have both been involved with successful teams,” Moren said in the press release. “Mistie has competed at the highest level, playing in two Final Fours at Duke and winning a WNBA Championship with the Phoenix Mercury. Eddie comes to us from the University of Maryland where he worked with their video and scouting. We are very fortunate to have both of them as Hoosiers.”

Bass played 276 games in the WNBA, most recently with the Phoenix Mercury. With Phoenix, Bass won a WNBA Championship in 2014. She also made stops with the Houston Comets, Chicago Sky and Connecticut Sun and played overseas in France, Turkey and Israel.

While at Duke, Bass averaged 9.9 points, 5.6 rebounds and 1.2 assists per game and helped the Blue Devils to 127 victories and two ACC titles.

Prior to Praley’s year as a video intern for Maryland last season, he spent a year as a student manager for the Guilford women’s basketball team. He graduated from Guilford College in North Carolina in 2015.

The two new additions to the coaching staff will join assistant coaches Rhet Wierzba, Janese Banks and Glenn Box as support for Moren. Moren was named Big Ten Coach of the Year last season as she led the Hoosiers to a 21-12 record, including a spotless 14-0 home mark at Assembly Hall.