Tinder match results in call to police

At 2:48 a.m. Wednesday, Bloomington police responded to a call about a naked woman near the corner of Third and Grant streets.

The female who called the Bloomington Police Department said after she saw the naked woman running, she saw a man running ?after her.

Police located the female and male in question. The female appeared to be highly intoxicated. The male said he had seen her running, naked, and tried to help her. He said he ran after her and offered his shirt, since she seemed cold. He told police that the female seemed ?“intoxicated, not making much sense and in distress,” Capt. Joe Qualters said.

Officers discovered the female had met another male on the dating app Tinder earlier in the evening. The two had agreed to meet. The female said the last thing she remembers is standing outside of the Dunnkirk bar, and there is a large amount of time she cannot account for. It has been verified that the male who gave her the shirt is not the same male that she met on Tinder.

Officers took the female to the hospital for a sexual assault exam and for her intoxication. She was initially cooperative with the sexual assault exam, but then did not want to complete it, according to the report.

She was examined and treated for her intoxication, Qualters said.

Officers attempted to locate the female’s clothing but could not find it. According to the report, the female made contradictory statements about the events of the night.

She was able to provide BPD with the first name of the male she had met on Tinder.

“As far as we can tell, there are a lot of gaps in the story,” Qualters said. The female has not lodged any charges.