Two IU school records were set on day three of the women's swimming and diving Big Ten Championships.

The Hoosiers stand in second place with 397. They are well behind Minnesota, which has 526 points.

Sophomore Brooklynn Snodgrass, senior Bronwyn Pasloski, freshman Gia Dalesandro and senior Kait Flederbach teamed to break both the school record and Big Ten record in the 400-yard medley relay. They finished in 3:30.30, way ahead of the old record of 3:31.26 set in 2009.

This is the third relay school record the women have set so far this meet, the others coming in the 200-yard medley relay and 200-yard freestyle relay.

Junior Dorina Szekeres attempted to defend her title in the 400-yard individual medley but placed third in the championship final. She was the top seed going in the race.

Dalesandro now owns the two fastest 100-yard butterfly times in IU history. She finished second in the final with a time of 51.75 and went 51.76 in the morning prelims. Both times are NCAA A-cuts. Dalesandro became the first Hoosier ever to swim the event under 52 seconds.

In the 200-yard freestyle, senior Lindsay Vrooman placed third in 1:45.29. Sophomore Haley Lips won the consolation final to finish 9th overall. Junior Cynthia Pammett was 12th and Flederbach 15th.

Pasloski went 59.90 in the 100-yard breaststroke to take second. She was just 1/10th of a second behind the top spot and earned the third fastest time in IU history.

The final highlight of the night came with Snodgrass's 100-yard backstroke win. She finished in 51.65, a season-best time. Three other Hoosiers swam in the championship final of the event: junior Justine Ress fifth, junior Allie Day sixth and Pammett eighth.

The 2014 women's Big Ten Championships conclude Saturday night.