With four dunks and a 16-point advantage in the paint, the IU men's basketball team has a 54-25 advantage against Samford at halftime.

The Hoosiers have never trailed in the game, as freshman forward Troy Williams started the scoring effort with a tip-in on IU's first play of the game. On that possession, the Hoosiers grabbed two offensive rebounds, a trend they would continue throughout the half.

IU has 12 offensive rebounds at the break.

Sophomore forward Hanner Mosquera-Perea got the dunk party started for IU at the 14:29 mark in the first half. About two minutes later, he'd catch a no-look pass from sophomore forward Jeremy Hollowell and slam another one down.

Williams added a tip-in dunk that electrified the crowd with 9:07 to play in the half that gave IU a 32-12 lead. On IU's next possession, sophomore point guard Kevin "Yogi" Ferrell found freshman center Luke Fischer for another dunk, forcing Samford to take a timeout.

Ferrell leads IU in scoring with nine points. He also has five assists and one steal.

Freshman forward Noah Vonleh has eight points, all of which were scored in the first five minutes of the game.

Williams has six points and leads IU with six rebounds while adding one of IU's eight blocks. Fischer leads IU in the block department with three.

Eleven different players have scored for the Hoosiers in the first 20 minutes.

IU has shot 51.4 percent from the field, compared to Samford's 25.7 percent.