INDIANAPOLIS, Ind.--A day after thunder storms forced Indianapolis 500 Fast Friday action to end early, the drivers returned to that track at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway for Pole Day Qualifications on Saturday.

With temperatures in the mid-60's and fog surrounding the IMS, the drivers were able to nearly reach 230 miles per hour for the second day in a row.

The morning started with two half-hour practice sessions that allowed the 33 drivers to compete with fewer cars on the track. From 9 a.m. to 10 a.m., there was an open practice that provided the final opportunity for tune-ups before qualifying.

EJ Viso set the bar high for the best speed of the week with a 229.537 on Friday and it didn't take long for the rest of the field to catch up and surpass him on Saturday. Will Power, whose car caught fire in his last race at the Sao Paulo Indy 300 on May 5, drove around the two and a half mile track in 229.808 during the open practice.

Team Penske, which is comprised of Power, Chase Rookie of the Year candidate AJ Allmendinger, and three-time Indy 500 winner Helio Castroneves, dominated the morning practice sessions. Allmendinger posted the second fastest speed of the morning with a 229.086. Castroneves was sixth in the standings with a speed of 227.978.