Sophomore catcher Kyle Schwarber has been named to USA Baseball's 2013 Collegiate National Team, IU baseball announced in a press release today.

"I just think that speaks to how good that guy is," IU Coach Tracy Smith said. "We talk about all the players across the country and the many great players across the country -- that he has the honor of wearing the stars and stripes across his chest is something I think he'll never forget."

Schwarber is the fourth Hoosier to be selected by Team USA, and the second since Smith took over in 2006. Alex Dickerson earned a spot via a tryout in 2010.

"The best part about him is our best players are our hardest workers," Smith said. "When you have that you have something special, and he truly is something special -- not just talent-wise but they type of person he is and his work ethic."

Schwarber is hitting .384 with 13 home runs, 41 RBIs and 48 runs scored. The 13 homers lead the Big Ten while his runs and RBIs rank second and third in the Big Ten, respectively. Schwarber also leads the conference in slugging (.680) and is second in on base percentage (.474).

"Seeing some of these wonderful opportunities he gets -- playing on a good baseball team and being a big part of that but playing on Team USA this summer-- I think his confidence level coming back next year is even gonna be greater because these are some of the best players in the country, and I think he's going to fit in very, very well with that group," Smith said.