Danny Rosenbaum hit a sacrifice fly to right to score Cole Sturgeon from third as No. 10 Louisville beat the No. 16 IU baseball team 4-3 in walk-off fashion Wednesday night in Louisville.

Sturgeon led off the bottom of the ninth with a double off the wall in right-center field. Catcher Kyle Gibson sacrificed Sturgeon to third for the first out, drawing the Hoosiers' infield in and setting up Rosenbaum's heroics.

Rosenbaum, who entered the game as a pinch hitter in the seventh, took a fastball up and on the outside corner from IU right-hander Ryan Halstead (2-3) and lined it deep enough to right for Rosenbaum to tag up and score. Sophomore Tim O'Connor gave it a desperation heave, but it was well late and off the mark.

IU (36-10) led 3-1 with two outs in the seventh inning when things started to fall apart. Gibson singled to center field. Rosenbaum then hit a slow grounder to second that would have ended the inning, but freshman Nick Ramos charged and mishandled it for IU's second error of the game.

With runners on first and second, shortstop Sutton Whiting then tied the game at 3-3 with a double down the right field line. Both runs were unearned but spelled the end of the day for IU freshman starter Will Coursen-Carr.

With the win, Louisville (39-10) salvaged the season series after losing the first two games to IU.