Indiana University Diving Coach Jeff Huber announced his retirement Friday afternoon.

After 35 years of coaching at the top-tier levels in national and international diving, Huber has agreed to continue through August 2013 at the request of Vice President and Director of Intercollegiate Athletics, Fred Glass. Eric Neuburger, the Associate Athletic Director for Facilities and and External Alliances will begin searching nationally for Huber's replacement immediately.

Huber has been with the IU diving program for 24 seasons and has established himself as a 12-time U.S. National Coach of the Year. He also served as a coach for the United States at three of the last four Olympic Games and has been recognized 14 times as the Big Ten Coach of the Year, six times for women's and eight times for men's. Throughout his career, he has led Indiana University student-athletes to 42 Big Ten titles and 19 Big Ten Diver of the Year awards.

Under Huber's reign, 123 NCAA All-America awards have been brought to Bloomington. Huber has sent divers to the Olympics, Pan Am Games, World University Games, FINA Diving World Cups and several USA Diving National Championships.

Recent Olympian and 2009 NCAA Champion on the 3-meter springboard, Christina Loukas, was coached by Huber.

The 2012-13 season has been successful for Huber and the IU diving program. After winning his first conference title on the 3-meter springboard last season, junior Darian Schmidt broke his own school record in the event only two weeks ago.

Earlier in the year on the women's side, senior Amy Cozad finished third on the platform at the 2012 U.S. Olympic Diving Trials and was named as the delegation's alternate for the event at the games.