STATE COLLEGE, Pa. -- After a promising start for the Hoosiers Saturday afternoon in Happy Valley, IU has fallen to a 28-13 halftime deficit against Penn State.

Early into the second quarter, the Hoosiers held a 10-7 lead over the Nittany Lions with credit to some offensive momentum. After an Antonio Marshall interception off of PSU quarterback Matt McGloin while IU trailed 7-3, the Hoosiers drove downfield as a 2-yard pass from quarterback Cam Coffman to tight end Ted Bolser resulted in a touchdown and an IU lead with 13:20 remaining.

The lead quickly evaporated however, as Penn State's pro-style, up-tempo offense took over. Less than five minutes after the Hoosiers took the lead, McGloin passed to wide receiver Allen Robinson for a 53-yard touchdown. Following an IU field goal, Penn State responded with two more touchdown passes of its own to end the first half.

It has been the Hoosiers' defense that has struggled in recent games, and it has been no different this Saturday. At of the end of the second quarter, the Nittany Lions have 323 total yard of offense, including 218 yards passing on only 12 completions.

If there is hope to an IU comeback, it comes in the fact that Penn State has been outscored in the second half this season. The Nittany Lions will receive the kickoff though at the opening of the third quarter.

Halftime Stats:

Indiana:

Passing: Coffman - 20/36, 210 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT

Rushing: Roberts - 3 attempts, 24 yards

Receiving: Wynn - 9 receptions, 98 yards

Penn State:

Passing: McGloin - 12/18, 218 yards, 4 TD, 1 INT

Rushing: Zwinak - 15 attempts, 90 yards

Receiving: Robinson - 6 receptions, 103 yards, 3 TD