Following decommitments over the last 36 hours from two longtime IU targets that were committed to other Big Ten schools, it appears the Hoosiers are set to land two of its most significant football recruits in recent history.

Four-star defensive line prospects David Kenney and Darius Latham, once committed to Iowa and Wisconsin respectively, are set to pull the trigger to their home-state school of Indiana.

"We planned it," Kenney said.

A defensive end from Pike H.S. in Indianapolis, Kenney has connections to the IU community. His father is the quality control assistant for recruiting at IU. Despite being a pledge to Iowa since April, Kenney stayed in touch with the Hoosiers.

Latham meanwhile, a defensive tackle from North Central H.S., had committed to Wisconsin in early July despite holding an offer to play football and potentially basketball as a Hoosier.

As the season neared, in-state prospects such as Chase Dutra and Antonio Allen committed to IU. They, along with other commits, began to work hard in recruiting the two to Bloomington, and over the last few weeks, the two recruits visited the school multiple times, including Saturday night's 52-49 loss against No. 8 Ohio State.

"I've been talking to (Kenney) every other day and just been seeing where he stands with IU," said Dutra, a three-star prospect from Brownsburg. "He actually told me a while ago that he was thinking about switching to IU."

Sunday morning, Kenney decommitted from Iowa. Though he hasn't officially verbally committed to IU, he said it is going to happen.

Latham meanwhile decommitted from Wisconsin Monday night.

When asked if Latham will be coming to IU, Kenney replied, "He is."

Should the two choose to join the IU recruiting class, they will join Allen, a safety from Ben Davis H.S. as the other four-star recruits committed to IU. They would be the 12th and 13th pledges in IU's 2013 class.