The Hoosiers conceded their first two goals in Big Ten play tonight in a 2-1 loss to the Michigan Wolverines.

The Wolverines, winning their first away game, took it to Indiana following an opening goal in minute 27 from freshman Femi Hollinger-Janzen. His goal came after some fancy footwork from junior A.J. Corrado, who dribbled his way around three defenders to then play a perfect flick over the defenders to Hollinger-Janzen on the right side of the six-yard-box.

Hollinger-Janzen's shot rolled through the goalkeeper's legs and into the net for the forward's second goal of the season giving Corrado nine assists to top the Big Ten statistical standings.

Six minutes later Michigan equalized following a low shot from just over 18-yards outside the Indiana goal line. Senior goalkeeper Luis Soffner attempted to make a diving save, but the shot flew past his left side and into the net.

The Hoosiers and Wolverines ended the first half tied at 1-1.

The Wolverines came back out to score early in minute 48 to put the Hoosiers in a position they have not yet been this conference season - down.

The go-ahead goal came from forward James Murphy who tallied his first goal of the season on a low roller to Soffner's left side. The ball found its way into the far post netting and turned out to be enough to hold for Michigan's first away victory.

Indiana attempted to find the equalizer, tallying 11 shots in the second half. Most of those shots took place in the final ten minutes when the Hoosiers had a spurt of four corner-kicks.

The best chance for the Hoosiers came in minute 77 when Eriq Zavaleta found himself with some space at the top of the Michigan box. The sophomore leading-scorer fired a shot that rang the left post and bounced back out across the goal. Junior Nikita Kotlov was there to connect with the rebound by floating a shot over the Michigan goalkeeper.

The ball crossed the goal line and just as it touched the net Kotlov was called offside.

The Hoosiers resume play at home next week on Wednesday against Evansville then finish their season with B1G matchups against Michigan State and Northwestern.

Heading into tonight's game, Indiana and Northwestern were tied at the top of the conference standings with undefeated records. Even with tonight's loss, the Hoosiers could grab the B1G season title, however they would need win's against both MSU and Northwestern. They would also need to keep the aggregate in their favor given a record tie with Northwestern.