This is the true post of Little 500 riders picked to have their lives surrounding America's Greatest College Weekend posted to the web. To find out what happens when the IDS stops just reporting and starts getting real...check here for The Real Ride - Little 500 style.

The Little 500 is one of the most exciting thrill rides I've ever been able to experience. The adrenaline rush that comes from whipping hot laps around the track and riding in the pack is truly one of a kind. Also unique are the crashes -- something fans love and riders could not possibly hate more. For the most part, I've been able to stay on two wheels and avoid the infamous cinder scrubs, but unfortunately my good luck came to an end last week.

Last Monday I had the dubious honor of being the first male rider to leave the track on a stretcher this year. My final memory before the crash was signaling to my teammate across the infield that I was coming in for an exchange. After that, it's a few minutes of blackout, and ultimately waking up on a backboard in the infield by Turn 3. I hit my head pretty hard, so I have no recollection of what happened. It seems like a dropped chain was the culprit, throwing me off the bike as I was accelerating for the exchange.

You may think the worst pain of any crash would be related to the impact from hitting the ground at 20-plus miles per hour, but fortunately for me I didn't break, fracture or separate anything. The doctors wrote it off as a concussion, and I thought the worst was behind me. As any Little Fiver will tell you, quite possibly the worst part of crashing on the track is digging the cinders out of your body.

We shave our legs to make the process as easy as possible, so the nurse was able to get my knees and face pretty numb before scrubbing them out. However, much to my dismay, some were so deep that I would have to get them out myself later in the week. I'll save the graphic descriptions, but take my word for it: you do not ever want to have to take a toothbrush to an open wound in the shower. Ever. I have new found respect for anyone who has ever crashed on the track, and you should too.

With 29 days 'til race day, we're holding down the fort in Bloomington and ramping up the intensity even further. Our focus now is on doing everything we can to guarantee a solid qualifications run on March 26 and peak fitness come April 16. Until next time, keep the rubber side down.

Eric Anderson is a Junior majoring in Finance and Economic Consulting. He is in his second year riding for Beta Theta Pi. Beta finished fifth in the 2010 race.

Can't get enough of the Little 500? Follow the IDS' Little 500 beat reporters on Twitter:

IDS Little 500

Stephanie Kuzydym

Michael Norman

Miss a real ride? You're in luck!

Eric Anderson - Sometimes You Crash

Sam Harbison - A Little 500 Spring Break

Abigail Legg - You Know You're A Little 500 Rider If...

Eric Anderson - Only 19 Days Until Quals

Zach Lusk - We Are The Cutters

Abigail Legg - Why Do We Ride Little 5?