(Tuesday update: Here's the article. Also, Rivals.com is now listing him as a three-star recruit)

(UPDATE - 5:26 - Just talked with Etherington. He did confirm he told Tom Crean he plans to play for IU in 2011...Sounded pretty excited...Loves shooting 3's and says he has been compared to Steve Novak...Knows Derek Elston and talked to him last night and told him he planned on committing...Also spoke to four-star point guard and AAU teammate Jeremiah Davis and told him he was committing to IU and told him he should join him...father, Brett, played at Butler...He is 6-foot-6 and hopes to grow a bit more (his dad is 6-foot-7).

I'll try to get the actual quotes up here soon. This theoretically leaves IU with one scholarship for 2010 if David Williams signs in November, though they could oversign by one again.

* * *

Austin Etherington has reportedly given his verbal commitment to play at IU in 2011.

The Hamilton Heights (Ind.) junior is rated the No. 57 recruit in the Class of 2011, according to Scout.com.

I had the chance to see him play last month in Cincinnati at the It Takes 5ive Classic, and later will provide a little insight on Etherington.

Stay tuned as I try to get a hold of the 2011 wing for confirmation of the commitment and his comments about why he plans to be a Hoosier.