A bit of research led me to MGoBlog, a University of Michigan sports blog, which in turn led me to a post on Hoops & Scoops, the Columbus Dispatch's Ohio State basketball blog.

What I found out is that, according to this report from the Dispatch, Penn State and Michigan State are IU's "one-plays" on this year's schedule. Therefore, IU would meet both Penn State (away) and Michigan State (home) just once this season.

This means that the Hoosiers will have a home-and-home series with every other Big Ten team including Purdue, and will travel to Penn State's Bryce Jordan Center and host Michigan State for a contest at Assembly Hall in their other two Big Ten games.

In turn, the 2010-2011 the Hoosiers would be expected to host Penn State and travel to Michigan State for their only matchups of that season, while playing home and away games versus the other eight Big Ten teams.

IU's "one-plays" in each of the last two seasons since the expansion of the Big Ten schedule to 18 games were Michigan and Purdue.

Click the jump for the full list of this year's expected "one-plays":

Ohio State at Michigan State Northwestern at Ohio State Illinois at Michigan Minnesota at Illinois Indiana at Penn State Michigan State at Indiana Iowa at Wisconsin Penn State at Iowa Michigan at Purdue Purdue at Northwestern Wisconsin at Minnesota