Making up for his six-week press conference drought, Tom Crean covered a lot Thursday. With players off for the week thanks to exams, IU's second-year coach came up for air during today's presser and sat down with reporters:

* The main topic of Thursday's presser? Twitter. We'll have a full story in tomorrow's paper (as will every other newspaper in the state) on Crean's new favorite recruiting tool. Among the highlights: he and new Kentucky coach John Calipari tweet each other. For Crean's Twitter page, click here.

* Crean was hesitant to call Malik Story and Nick Williams' departure a setback. He said it wasn't a setback if things were going forward and they weren't in the right direction. He hinted towards chemistry and academic problems, but never stated specifics. Most importantly, Crean said he doesn't see his team taking any steps back on the floor.

* The Hoosiers are one game away from finalizing their 2009-2010 schedule. After a brutal first-year schedule, Crean said he's loading this year's with home games and confidence builders.

* As usual, Crean spoke highly of the Big Ten, adding they might be even better than last season.

* IU's Academic Progress Rating is on top of Crean's mind. "Everything we do right now has to be APR driven," he said.

* Looking back, Crean really wishes he'd recruited Tyshawn Taylor after the guard committed to Kansas once released from his LOI at Marquette. Originally, Crean didn't re-recruit Taylor because he thought the incoming recruit would really help out Buzz Williams and the Golden Eagles. But if he knew Marquette was going to release him so quickly, and thus turn around and sign with Kansas, Crean said he would have gone after him.

* The team is looking for players who can create and find their own shots near the end of the shot clock and at the end of games. The closest thing they have right now, according to Crean, is Verdell Jones.

* Incoming freshmen report in mid-June in time for second summer session classes.

* Crean said he's had a different speaking engagement everyday for the past week. "Everything I do, I hope people get something out of it, but I expect to get something out of it, too," he said.

That's all for now. Be sure to check back with the basketblog for more updates.