Indianapolis Lawrence North junior Dominique Ferguson is a consensus five-star recruit for 2010, ranked No. 6 in the nation by Rivals.com and No. 9 by Scout.com. In late April, the 6-foot-9 junior brought big news to Kentucky, as he verbally committed to play for the Wildcats.

With the recent coaching change, however, Ferguson is rethinking things, and on Friday his father, Deon, told the Louisville Courier-Journal that the five-star prospect has decommitted from UK. The news did not take long to circulate across the IU fan sites and many of the Hoosier faithful jumped at even the slightest possibility that IU coach Tom Crean might be able to bring the Indianapolis native into the IU program.

Tonight, I managed to get a hold of Dominique Ferguson, himself, who was relatively quiet about where things stand. He said he could not comment on IU and other schools because he has yet to really look around. He did, however, answer a few questions.

Ferguson confirmed that he has decommitted, and he also said he spoke "a little bit" with new Kentucky coach John Calipari. While he will be exploring other avenues, the recruit did say that the Wildcats are still an option.

Though Ferguson's cell phone has likely been ringing a lot in the last several days, he said he has not been answering it much.

"I haven't really been taking any calls," Ferguson said when asked whether IU has contacted him. "They probably have, but I don't know."

Earlier this weekend, Ferguson's father did tell the Courier-Journal "no doubt, no doubt," that they would consider IU and Louisville.

Ferguson's high school teammate Stephan Van Treese is signed to play for Louisville next season, while junior Lawrence North teammate Justin Martin and sophomores Ryan Taylor and Michael Chandler have also verbally committed to Rick Pitino.

"I'm not going to commit any place just because my friends are going there," he told me.