Brand new section where we are going to look at the 4 recruits the Hoosiers have coming in next year...enjoy. Note: the Hoosiers class is ranked number 92 and 11th in the Big Ten according to All-Star Girls Report

Hope Elam: 6-1 Forward from Champaign, Ill., averaged 22.6 points and 13 rebounds per game in her senior year of high school. Elam went to Vincennes University and then transfered to IU this year.

Coming to IU: It was actually by chance she became a Hoosier. Her father John Huett came to Hoosier Hysteria this year to watch Verdell Jones, who Elam has known since she was 4 years old. Huett talked to the women's basketball coaches and as they say the rest is history.

Elam's stats through 17 games this year: 23.4 points per game, 11.8 rebounds per game, 88 percent free throw shooting. Hope is currently the #11 juco player in the country at All-Star Girls Reports. Her points per game are 4th in the nation...rebounds are 2nd...free throws are 2nd. All of this info is courtesy of her father John.

Coach Jack on Hope: "Hope Elam - what a blessing it is to have her caliber of athleticism join our program," Legette-Jack added. "She is a player that transferred from Saint Louis and is now at Vincennes. She has been working on a lot of things that she needs to work on, but she is a player that can put up a lot points in a hurry for us. She reminds us a lot of a great player on our team in Whitney Thomas. Her tenacity of purpose is tremendous on the boards and for her to be able to hit that 3-point shot and put the ball on the floor is going to help give us a little more flexibility in our offense. We certainly excited about her, and her character, academics and basketball are all tremendous.