IU basketball recruits Bobby Capobianco, left, and Derek Elston watch IU's game against Minnesota on Sunday at Assembly Hall. Capobianco, from Loveland, Ohio, and Elston, from Tipton, Ind., will both join the Hoosiers next year as freshmen. (James Brosher/IDS)

Though the Hoosiers didn't quite "Ground the Gophers" as hoped, IU coach Tom Crean did manage to round up several in-state recruits for visits today.

In addition to IU commits Christian Watford, Derek Elston, Bobby Capobianco and Jordan Hulls, others in the crowd included Donnie Hale (2010), five-star sophomore Marquis Teague (seemed to be leaning towards Louisvlle, if not Wake Forest, so it makes you wonder what Crean said to get him on campus), Cody Zeller (2011) and Justin Gant (2011), among other high school underclassmen.

I am trying to get in touch with all four of those guys above (I am already in the process of setting something up with Hale), so hopefully you can find some more on them later this week here on the Basketblog (follow the jump for more recruiting tidbits).

Also:

• Interviewed Maurice Creek last week, check idsnews.com on Tuesday for the story about he found success on the basketball court, despite a tough childhood
  • Crean made the trip out to Arizona last week to check on 2011 IU recruit Matt Carlino. Here's a recent article about a tremendous fourth quarter effort by Carlino. I think he finished with 31.
  • Crean and IU assistant coach Roshown McLeod were in New Jersey last week to see Top 30 high school junior Kyrie Irving, according to Adam Zagoria of SNY TV. Irving, a four-star recruit, visited campus for the Northwestern State game earlier this season and seemed high on the Hoosiers at the time. I'm hoping to get in touch with him as well, though he appears to be wide open in his recruitment.