FINAL HOOSIERS: 76 HAWKEYES: 54

Andujar scores on a layup. Lydia Serfling now into the game as well

2:26: Amber Jackson feeds a cutting Jori Davis who puts in the layup. IU on top 73-50 and are near their 9th straight win.

Thomas gets a nice ovation as she fouls out of the game. 3:41 left to play

Danilsa "City" Andujar is into the game for the Hoosiers...

At the under 4 minutes timeout the lead has grown to 26 as the Hoosiers are up 71-45

Thomas blocks another shot which leads to a 24 second violation for Iowa. The Bloomington native has 4 blocks for the game.

6:40: Thomas puts in another basket. She has 14 for the game. Enterline makes a nice defensive play to prevent a layup as she deflects the ball out of bounds. Hawkeyes have added a couple of three's and the score is IU on top 66-45

8:06: Roberson is fouled as she goes up for a short jumper. The senior makes both shots. IU up 60-37. Roberson scores again on next Hoosier possession.

10:03: Hoosiers force their 15th turnover of the game, but turn it back over to Iowa. Hoosiers on top 58-33

Roberson gets a steal..needs one more to become only the 6th active Big Ten Player with 200 steals.

12:50: Kim Roberson known for her defense gets fouled and makes the 3. Can't complete the four-point play but IU is now up 58-30.

Thomas gets a standing ovation as announcer Chuck Crab tells the crowd about her feat of 1,000 points during the first timeout of the second half. Whitney Lindsay announces to the crowd on the scoreboard that she likes Texas Roadhouse for dinner.

16:34 to go in game: Jori Davis drives and puts in the bank shot. IU on top 50-24.

Thomas doesn't waste any time gets her 1,000th and 1,001st points and she scores in the first 30 seconds of the second half. Thomas becomes the 20th player in school history to achieve the feat of 1,000 points.

here we go second half...

halftime entertainment is the Seymour MIddle School Cheerleaders

HALFTIME HOOSIERS: 42 HAWKEYES: 17

Hoosiers close out the second half with a great defensive effort. Steal and layup by Mells.

Thomas goes out of the game. Looks like we will have to wait until the second half for her milestone.

Under 1 minute-Mells puts in a nice scoop shot, much to the delight of the crowd. IU up 39-16.

with under 2 minutes to go Thomas has 8 now and is just one point away from 1,000.

2:19: Thomas now has 6 points and is just 3 away from 1,000 for her career. IU up 35-16.

4:53: Kim Roberson is whistled for a foul. IU coach Felisha Legette-Jack has to take a seat on the bench so she does not loose it. Ashlee Mells into the game now for IU. Hoosiers doubling up Iowa 30-15.

Thomas scores her first basket. She now needs just 7 for 1,000 career points. Timeout called with 7:10 to play in second half. IU up 24-11 Whitney Lindsay is the featured player tonight and her favorite phrase to say to teammates is "You lost it"

Lindsay Enterline now in the game for the Hoosiers. Enterline is the sister of Leah Enterline who also played for IU.

8:40: Ball goes to the back court but Roberson gets it brings it back and nails a 3-pointer. They then force a turnover and currently lead 22-10.

Under 10: Braun hits a jumper as the shot clock nears 0. She has 9 total points and the Hoosiers lead 19-8.

Second timeout with 11:01 to go in the second half: The Hoosiers are getting to the bucket with good penetration. Hoosiers are currently out rebounding Iowa 11-6. Thomas is asserting her presence with offensive rebounds and a blocked shot. Thomas still has not scored but has 7 boards.

12:47: Andrea McGuirt makes a nice bounce pass to Jackson who puts in yet another layup. Hoosiers up 13-8. Jackson scores again on next possession and lead is now 7 at 15-8.

14:08: Hawkeyes hit a three with the shot clock running down to shrink the Hoosier lead to just 1 point. Jackson comes back with a drive to the basket and is fouled. She hits both and the score is Hoosiers up 11-8.

At the first timeout with 15: 27 to play the score remains 9-2.

16:17: Kristi Smith scores the first basket for Iowa on a mid-range jumper. Hoosiers on top 9-2.

17:52 second foul on Davis. Andrea McGuirt comes in to replace her. IU up 6-0. Moments later Braun scores again and gets fouled on another layup. Hoosiers now up 9-0. Braun has 7 of the 9 points.

19:16 to go in second half: Braun drives to the basket and puts it in for the games first points. Hoosiers on top 2-0. Next possession Hawkeyes turn it over.

IU starters: Jamie Braun, Jori Davis, Kim Roberson, Whitney Thomas, Amber Jackson

3:46p.m. Both teams are now on the court and going through their pre-game warm-up. This should be a great game, the first true test for the Hoosiers in the Big Ten.

Math Roth is here and he is not even doing his homework this time. We will see if the Hoosier women can do what the men could not last night: beat Iowa.

Note: Recently suspended sophomore guard Haylie Linn is in attendance and currently sitting next to injured player Sasha Chaplin court side as the rest of the team stretches.

2:59p.m. We are just over an hour away from tip off of the Indiana Hoosiers vs. the Iowa Hawkeyes. I will be live blogging throughout the game. If you have any comments or questions as the game progresses please put them in the comments section at the bottom of this post.

Remember you can also follow this game on the Big Ten Network