This just popped up in my inbox: a letter from IU coach Tom Crean urging students to come out and support the team tonight against TCU (8 p.m., ESPN2). Maybe we'll get Christmas cards in two weeks, too. Wishful thinking?

Dear Indiana Students,

IU men's basketball coach Tom Crean speaks during a press conference Wednesday at Assembly Hall. Crean said the coaching staff is in a "state of paranoia" when it comes to calling recruits.

I know this is a big week as we prepare for final exams and I wish you all the very best with them. But it is also a very big week for our basketball program because on Wednesday night ESPN will come for the first time to Assembly Hall during our time at Indiana and for the first time this season. Needless to say, this is an opportunity for our entire student body to come out and get the notoriety and attention that they deserve for being one of the best student bases in the country!

We need to show a national television audience that although projections are not real high for us this season, two things remain for this team: 1) we will play very hard every time out, and 2) the students of Indiana University will rival any college campus's student body for support in terms of attendance, noise level, energy level, and enthusiasm for their school.

I appreciate everything all of you have done up to this point and I really look forward to our building it up even better. Please join me in helping to make Assembly Hall a force to be reckoned with every time an opponent comes to town and especially when there is a national television audience watching us!

GO HOOSIERS!

Coach Tom Crean