DeMarcus Cousins, ranked the No. 2 recruit in the Class of 2009 by Rivals.com, never signed with UAB. The Mike Davis recruit verbally committed to the Blazers, but the fall signing period passed without the 6-foot-9 prospect signing on the dotted line.

Cousins, a Mobile, Ala. wanted a clause in his letter of intent that would allow him to decommit, should Davis not be at UAB next year. Sound familiar? Though Cousins has made it apparent he would like to play for Davis, it is uncertain whether he still plans to stay in-state and play for the Blazers, as the five-star recruit has reopened his recruitment.

Memphis coach John Calipari has been said to have already visited Cousins, while certainly dozens of other coaches have been dropping Cousins a line. In fact, IU is said to be one of them.

Although Dominic Cheek is no longer considering IU, it was apparent Tom Crean would make room for him if the five-star recruit wanted to take his game to Bloomington. Remember, IU is oversigned by one for next season, and already someone would have to lose a scholarship or leave the team to make room for the six recently signed Class of 2009 studs.

Would you go after Cousins? Keep in mind that, A) Bennie Seltzer is from Alabama, which helped land fellow-Birmingham native Christian Watford; B) Current Hoosiers wing Nick Williams played with Cousins last season at LeFlore High School; C) Cousins is likely a two-year player at best, but possibly a one-and-done; and D) He's good at sports.