Actually, that may not be true. What is, however, is the fact that Crean has The Gambia's Tijan Jobe on this year's squad, and he is set to bring in Ghana-native Bawa Muniru next year. He apparently has his eyes on 2010 recruit from Sudan, according to a post from SportsNet New York (SNY) blogger and recruiting expert Adam Zagoria.

"Remember the name David Nyrasuk," Zagoria wrote. Nyrasuk is a 7-foot center from Sudan who currently plays for the Patterson School (N.C.). The big man is the No. 7 center in the Class of 2010, according to Rivals.com.

Last week, Patterson defeated Maurice Creek's Hargrave Military Academy squad, 79-76, at a major high school basketball tournament. Crean was in attendance, though it is unknown who he had his eyes on besides the four-star wing, Creek, who has already signed with IU for next season.

In the aforementioned ZagsBlog article, a quote from the Patterson coach indicated Tennessee may be the team to beat, but Ohio State and North Carolina State are also involved. Nyrasuk also mentioned the Hoosiers and Saturday's opponent, Kentucky.

"Tennessee talk to me and Kentucky and Ohio State and Indiana," Nyrasuk told Zagoria.

In a Sept. 30 article, Scout.com's Dave Telep calls the 7-footer "raw but laced with upside," which seems to be the norm for African big men playing high school ball in the United States.

Meanwhile, Rivals.com's Justin Young had this to say about him, in a recent article: "The big man runs the floor well for a player of his size. He is more athletic than he looks and the big fella kept the game where no one else could match up with him - way above his shoulders."

Nyrasuk's Rivals.com profile has him listed as a member of the Blessed IJN AAU squad, which I believe is based out of Indiana (Fort Wayne?).

Thoughts?