After today's win over Penn State, IU will be the No. 6 seed in the Big Ten tournament. They will face Northwestern in the first round on Thursday afternoon. If they win, they would play Purdue in the quarterfinals on Friday. Here is the press release from IU athletics.

The Indiana women's basketball team earned a No. 6 seed in the 2008 Big Ten Women's Basketball Tournament presented by Xbox 360 Live and will face the 11th-seeded Northwestern Wildcats on Thursday, March 6 at Conseco Fieldhouse in Indianapolis.

The Hoosiers ended the regular season with a 17-13 overall mark and a record of 10-8 in the Big Ten. IU is 13-14 overall in the Big Ten Tournament, dating back to 1982. The Hoosiers are 1-1 against Northwestern in the postseason (1982: L, 55-61/1995: W, 77-75).

IU swept Northwestern this season, defeating the Wildcats on the road, 84-53, on Dec. 31 and in Bloomington, 74-58, on Feb. 7. The Hoosiers lead the all-time series with a 30-28 record.

Thursday's game is slated to tip-off 25 minutes following game one of the day between No. 7 Michigan and No. 10 Penn State, which is slated to begin at Noon ET. All games leading up the championship game will be broadcast live on the Big Ten Network. The championship game will aired at 5:30 p.m. on Sunday, March 9 on ESPN2.

How do you think the Hoosiers will fare in the tournament? How many wins would they need to secure an NCAA tournament bid? Let's here your thoughts.