sports women's basketball

University of Tennessee transfer Karoline Striplin to join Indiana women’s basketball

spiuwbbstriplin042524.jpeg

Indiana women’s basketball landed its first transfer of the offseason Thursday, announcing the addition of the University of Tennessee forward Karoline Striplin. 

Striplin comes to Bloomington after three seasons as a Volunteer. She’s played in 91 career games, starting 39 of those, while averaging 5 points per game. The 6-foot-3 forward will have one season of eligibility remaining. 

In 2023-24, Striplin was one of four Volunteers to play in all 33 games, averaging 14.4 minutes per game. She also averaged a career-high 7.2 points and 3.1 rebounds per game. 

When Indiana and Tennessee faced off Nov. 23, 2023, Striplin finished tied for a team-high 13 points in 22 minutes of action. 

"Karoline is a tough post player who can score inside and out while also establishing herself as a great post defender," Indiana head coach Teri Moren said in the release. "She is a player who we've faced a couple of times and have been familiar with since high school, so we know her skill set and work ethic will be the perfect fit for us." 

Striplin hails out of Hartford, Alabama, attending Geneva County High School where Indiana associate head coach Rhet Wierzba originally recruited her six years ago. 

Now, after game planning against her last season, the Hoosiers will look upon Striplin to provide depth in the post alongside rising junior forward Lilly Meister after Mackenzie Holmes’ departure to the WNBA. 

Follow reporters Dalton James (@DaltonMJames) and Quinn Richards (@Quinn_richa), columnist Ryan Canfield (@_ryancanfield) and photographer Olivia Bianco (@theoliviabianco) for updates throughout the Indiana women’s basketball offseason.