Indiana football adds cornerback Cedarius Doss in transfer portal

Cedariusdoss.jpg

Indiana football is entering the final week of spring practice, but head coach Curt Cignetti isn’t done adding to his first roster in Bloomington. 

The Hoosiers landed a commitment from Austin Peay State University redshirt senior cornerback Cedarius Doss in the transfer portal Sunday. Doss announced his decision via X, formerly known as Twitter. 

Doss began his college career in 2019 at Tuskegee University, but he didn't play and transferred to Austin Peay before the start of the 2021 spring season.  

The Birmingham, Alabama, native played in one game during the 2021 fall season before a breakthrough 2022 campaign in which he played in eight games with four starts. 

Doss, taking on a bigger role in Austin Peay's secondary, finished the year with 26 tackles, four tackles for loss and an interception. He was tied for fifth in the Atlantic Sun Conference with seven pass breakups.  

In 2023, Doss played in 12 games for the Governors, making 35 tackles and 2.5 tackles for loss while snagging three interceptions and breaking up seven passes. He earned second-team All-United Athletic Conference honors. 

The 5-foot-8, 176-pound Doss was rated as the No. 1 cornerback in the Football Championship Subdivision and No. 4 overall by Pro Football Focus. Doss played 94% of his snaps at outside cornerback last season, but due to his size, he may be moved inside to nickel for the Hoosiers. 

Doss was targeted 51 times but allowed only 26 receptions for 236 yards and four touchdowns. He drew only two penalties and held quarterbacks to a 51% completion rate, according to PFF. 

He has one year of eligibility remaining. 

Follow reporters Matt Press (@MattPress23) and Dalton James (@DaltonMJames) and columnist Daniel Flick (@ByDanielFlick) for updates throughout the Indiana football offseason.