Schedule, details set for Indiana football’s first spring game under Curt Cignetti

20240402_springfbpractice_0008.jpg

Indiana football is set to conclude its first spring under head coach Curt Cignetti at 8 p.m. Thursday, when the Hoosiers take the field inside Memorial Stadium for an exhibition game. 

Admission and parking are free, and there will be free food and beverages at concessions while supplies last. IU’s Crabb Band will perform at 6:30 p.m. Thursday night. 

Gates open at 6:30 p.m., and on-field warmups will start at 7:20 p.m. 

The Hoosiers’ roster will be split between the offense and defense, with two 15-minute periods of offense versus defense. Each side will accumulate points in the following scoring format: 

• Touchdown — 6 points 
  • Extra Point — 1 point  
  • Field Goal — 3 points  
  • Turnover Gained — 4 points  
  • Defensive Stop — 3 points  
  • Safety — 2 points 

Indiana’s offense will wear red jerseys and operate from the west sideline while the defense will don white uniforms and occupy the east sideline. 

Fans will sit behind the defense and enter through Gates E2 or E4; a clear bag policy is in effect. Parking is available in every lot surrounding the stadium. 

Upon entry, fans can acquire 2024 Indiana football posters and schedule cards, enter to win various prizes, compete in various games and use the 360 Photo Booth, according to IU Athletics. The IU team store will be open in two locations on the stadium’s east side. 

For those unable to attend, the game will be televised live on Big Ten Network. Matt Schumacker (play-by-play), Rhett Lewis (analyst) and Pat Boylan (sideline) will be on the call. 

Follow reporters Dalton James (@DaltonMJames) and Daniel Flick (@ByDanielFlick) for updates throughout the Indiana football offseason.