Indiana football loses starting cornerback Kobee Minor to transfer portal

spiufbbrief042924.jpeg

Indiana football head coach Curt Cignetti forecasted his first roster in Bloomington looking much different in the fall than it did in the spring — and his prediction is proving true. 

The Hoosiers, who’ve lost a handful of players to the transfer portal since the spring game April 18, saw another departure Monday, as starting cornerback Kobee Minor entered the portal, his family confirmed to the Indiana Daily Student. 

Minor’s older brother, Darryl, who played linebacker at Indiana, previously announced his intention to transfer April 19. 

Kobee played in 11 games with nine starts for the Hoosiers last season, making 29 tackles and four pass breakups en route to being an All-Big Ten honorable mention. He started the spring game with Indiana’s first-team defense. 

Kobee transferred to Indiana during the spring of 2023 after three years at Texas Tech University, where he played 23 games. He has one year of eligibility remaining. 

Indiana’s secondary was already a question mark exiting spring practice, a matter Kobee’s farewell only accentuates — and applies further pressure on Cignetti’s shoulders to keep adding pieces to the defense’s back end. 

Follow reporters Dalton James (@DaltonMJames) and Daniel Flick (@ByDanielFlick) for updates throughout the Indiana football offseason.