campus student life

What’s up with the Vault Pub?

caimubar020824.jpeg

Last September, IU debuted a brand-new offering at the Indiana Memorial Union: The Vault Pub. But what does this campus eatery offer? The IDS has the answers. 

The menu 

True to its name, the Vault Pub specializes in sandwiches, appetizers and drinks. Highlights include pork tenderloin, a half-pound burger with meat from nearby Fischer Farms and vegetarian offerings like the Beyond Burger and the Falafel Burger, which comes with vegan feta and yogurt. Non-sandwich entrees include fish and chips and baked mac and cheese. 

Those over 21 can enjoy a selection of beer, wine, cocktails and spirits. Many offerings are local, such as the Hoosier Gameday Lager. The house signature drink, Ol’ Red, features bone snapper rye whiskey, bitters, grenadine and simple syrup — garnished with a maraschino cherry and fresh orange. 

Beyond fountain drinks, coffee, milk and iced tea, those under 21 can enjoy Shirley Temples. 

The activities 

Each Thursday until Feb. 29, the pub will feature jazz musicians from the Jacobs School of Music from 5:30 - 7:30 p.m. and trivia from 8:30 - 10 p.m.  

Sports fans can also watch the Hoosiers play while eating at the pub. 

The logistics 

If you wanted to start your week at the Pub, bad news: the restaurant is closed Sunday and Monday. However, you’ll have plenty of time to enjoy it the rest of the week from 4 - 10 p.m. Tuesday through Thursday and a midnight close Friday and Saturday.   

Menu prices at the Vault are midrange. Entrees cap-out at $15.99 while drinks run $4.50 to $16 per serving. Kids’ meals cost $8.99. 

The Pub will also validate your parking if you park in IMU Lots 1 and 2. Make sure to show your ticket to your host or server.  

This article is part of the Source Visitor’s Guide, an IDS special publication.