Lilly’s Local Tunes: a guide to live music events March 21-23

entlillylocaltunes-illo

Welcome back to the weekend show guide. Now that we’ve settled back into the swing of things after spring break, head out and enjoy some live shows. 

Thursday 

Nashville-based country artist Chase Matthew, fresh off the release of his latest EP, “We All Grow Up,” will take the stage at 8 p.m. at The Bluebird. Tickets are available for $20 online.  

Selektor Willie will be performing a DJ set at The Blockhouse Bar at 6 p.m. Admission is free for this 21+ show. 

Friday 

Local rock cover band and Bluebird regular Jukebox Luke performs at 9 p.m. at The Bluebird. Tickets are $10 for this 21+ event. 

At 9 p.m. at The Bishop, the folk-rock band Briscoe will perform with opener Max McNown. This show celebrates the release of Briscoe’s debut album “West of it All.” This event is open to anyone over 18 and tickets are available for $15 in advance online and $17 at the door.  

Subterranean Frequencies, according to the Orbit Room’s website, is an underground club music event returning this weekend at 8 p.m. at The Orbit Room. The Orbit Room hosts this event every few weeks, and the music is mixed live by DJ Deep Sense. This 21+ event is free.  

Nashville based alt-rock group Heaven Honey joined by Volunteer Department will perform at 10 p.m. at The Blockhouse Bar. Admission is $10 at the door for this 21+ show.  

Saturday 

Local country artist Hank Ruff will headline at 9 p.m. at The Bluebird. Tickets are $10 for this 21+ show.  

The Orbit Room’s concert series “Sounds from the Black Hole” featuring experimental and avant-garde music returns this weekend with artists Waterpower, Bubba Fontaine and The City Underground. The concert series is held every fourth Saturday of the month. The show begins at 7 p.m. and tickets for this all-ages event are $7. 

Karat’s Gold will open a record release show at 10 p.m. at The Bishop celebrating their latest EP “Solid Gold”. They are accompanied by Rhett Family Band and Low Landers. Admission is $10 at the door.