food

Where to find comfort food no matter where you are from

spiucomfortfoodhousingandliving013024.jpg

In a sea of 47,527 students, many come from places far from Indiana and may need to adjust to living at Indiana University. 

There are many ways to make Bloomington feel like home, and what better way than food? Here are some places to check out if you are feeling homesick: 

World Foods Market 

Located at 106 E. Second St., World Foods Market is a grocery store that carries food and household items from all over the globe. Customers can find many international products, organic foods and American classics that allows for many avenues to be taken. 

The World Foods Market is open from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday through Friday and 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Sunday. 

B-Town International Market 

The B-Town International Market carries various international food products. The market has products mostly of Asian origin including candy, produce, frozen meals, fresh meats and other assorted items. The B-Town International Market is located at 2901 E. Covenanter Dr., across from the Jackson Creek Shopping Center. 

Apna Bazaar International Market 

Apna Bazaar International Market in Eastland Plaza is a go-to place for south and west Asian food. It has a wide selection of Indian and Pakistani foods, but it also has a respectable number of Turkish and Arab spices. 

Oopen from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. every day, the market is located at 2556 E. Third St. in the Eastland Plaza next to Noodles & Company. 

4th Street International Market 

Housed in the same building as Dats Cajun Creole Cafe and Btown Gyros is the Fourth Street International Market. The market has a wide spread of Mediterranean deli snacks and many candy and drink options. It is open from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday to Thursday, 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. Friday to Saturday and 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. Sunday. It is located at 408 E. Fourth St. 

The Peach Cobbler Factory 

Trying to find a place with southern charm? Look no further than The Peach Cobbler Factory, which opened in July 2023 by Indiana alum Wade Johnson. In an interview for an Indiana Daily Student column, he stated he wanted to bring joy and comfort food to Bloomington.  

The factory offers cobblers with ice cream, banana puddings, savory, sweet cinnamon rolls, Pudd-N Shakes, Bigger & Better Cookies and more. It is at 113 N. College Ave. and open from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. every day. 

There are many ways to make Bloomington feel like home through its markets, restaurants and other venues located throughout the town.