arts iu auditorium

Indie pop band Peach Pit to perform at IU Auditorium on March 6

entpeachpit022824.jpg

Hosted by IU Union Board Concerts, Peach Pit, the indie pop band known for songs “Alrighty Aphrodite” and “Shampoo Bottles,” will perform at 8:30 p.m., March 6, in the IU Auditorium. 

Lead vocals and rhythm guitarist Neil Smith, lead guitarist Chris Vanderkooy, bassist Peter Wilton and drummer Mikey Pascuzzi from Vancouver, Canada, were best friends in high school before forming the quartet performing what they describe as “chewed bubblegum pop.” The group self-released their debut EP “Sweet FA,” in June 2016. Their debut album, “Being So Normal,” was released just over a year later in September 2017. 

Peach Pit describes their music as a space where listeners can experience deep emotions: reflecting on childhood, family, breakups and even addiction.  

RelatedJacobs School of Music examines love, loyalty with ‘Eugene Onegin’ on March 1 Student tickets for “Eugene Onegin” are available for $10.

The group has amassed over 2 million monthly listeners on Spotify and over 123 million streams of their song “Alrighty Aphrodite,” which was released as a part of their “Being So Normal” album. Over the course of the band’s popularity, the group has toured in North America, Australia, New Zealand and Europe.  

Peach Pit has performed at the 2019 and 2023 Bonnaroo, 2021 Firefly, 2023 Osheaga and 2023 All Things Go music festivals, among many others. In 2021, the group was nominated for Breakthrough Group of the Year at the 2021 Juno Awards. 

Tickets start at $44 for IU Bloomington students and $54 for the general public, available for purchase on the IU Auditorium website.