arts community events

Zarna Garg to perform at The Comedy Attic on Feb. 2-3

entzarnagargcomedy012924.jpg

Stand-up comedian Zarna Garg will perform her comedy show, “Practical People Win,” at 7 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. Feb. 2 and Feb. 3 at The Comedy Attic. 

Zarna Garg is an Indian-American stand-up comedian and screenwriter. Her debut screenplay, “Rearranged,” won Best Comedy Feature at Austin Film Festival in 2019, and was a semifinalist for the Academy Nicholl Fellowships for Screenwriting the same year. In 2023, Variety Magazine listed her among the “10 Comics to Watch.” 

Garg released her first comedy special, “One in a Billion,” as an Amazon Original in [month] 2023. The hour-long special features her many jokes on being an Indian-Immigrant mother living in America. The special premiered not long after she began to garner more attention through her TikTok account where she posts her stand-up and short sketches, gaining over 100 million cumulative views. 

She is also known for her podcast, “The Zarna Garg Family Podcast,” with her husband and three kids. They often talk about different issues in life, such as friendship, money and home cooked meals. The podcast is hosted on YouTube and Apple Podcasts. 

On Garg’s current tour, she will also be performing in cities such as New York, Los Angeles and Chicago. She performs family-friendly comedy on stage, where she gives “merciless maternal advice” and “fresh observations on American Life,” according to her website.   

Tickets are available at $25 for general admission and $50 for VIP, which includes a meet and greet and premium seating. Tickets can be found at The Comedy Attic’s website.