campus administration

Indiana Gov. Holcomb appoints entrepreneur Isaac Torres to IU Board of Trustees

caappointment101923.jpg

Indiana Gov. Eric Holcomb has appointed IU South Bend alumnus and entrepreneur Isaac Torres to the IU Board of Trustees, according to a recent IU press release. 

Torres will replace retiring trustee Michael J. Mirro. He will be sworn in during the next Board of Trustees meeting Nov. 9-10 in Indianapolis. 

According to the press release, Torres came to the United States in 1995 after graduating Mexico Autonomous University and working as an accountant in Mexico. He then pursued a Master of Business Administration at IU South Bend and founded InterCambio Express, an online international money transfer service, in 1999. 

Torres currently serves as president and CEO of InterCambio Express and sits on the board of the IU Foundation. He received the Distinguished Alumni Service Award from IU South Bend in 2019. 

“My experience at IU South Bend changed the course of my life by giving me the tools and inspiration to launch my company,” Torres said in the press release. “I’m excited to play a role in ensuring future IU students have the same transformative experiences.” 

Torres will serve as one of six trustees, including one student trustee, appointed by the governor. The other three are elected by IU graduates to three-year terms, according to the Board of Trustees