arts performances music

Local music this week: spooky sets and Halloweekend house shows

entweeklyshowguide-illo

“Halloweekend” is almost here! Here are all the places to enjoy your favorite music over the holiday weekend. Put on your costumes and get ready to party.  

Family Friendly Activities for Oct. 27 

If you are looking for family friendly fun, Buskirk-Chumley Theater is hosting Spooky Beats and Theater Treats with the Bloomington Community Band Friday. Admission is free. Doors open at 6:30 p.m., and the event will last three hours. 

18+ Activities for Oct. 27 

The Far Side will host a costume party and house show Friday with performances by local bands Graze, Cone and Mycota. Doors open at 7:30 p.m. The Far Side is located at 1302 N. Woodburn Ave, and cover for the show is $7. You won’t want to miss it!  

The Atrium at Kilroy’s Sports will have a Halloween party Friday at 10 p.m. Ticket prices start at $10. This event will last three hours, so bring your dancing shoes! 

18+ Activities for Oct. 28.  

No Guard, a punk band from Springfield, Illinois, will take the stage at Antumbra Room on Saturday, featuring performances by Situational Hazard, Ruthless Aggression and Leones. Antumbra Room is located at 213 S. Rogers St. Doors open at 7:30 p.m. and cover is $10.  

The Far Side will host a costume party and house show for the second night in a row with performances by SYZYGY, Purple Hearse and Wasted Potential. Doors open at 7:30 p.m. This show will take place at 1302 N. Woodburn Ave, with a $7 cover.  

The McHouse, located at 2222 E. Fifth St, will host a house show with performances by Mindfully Blind, Dose Rose and Thin Lines. Doors open at 7:30 p.m. Cover for this show is $5 if you are in costume and $7 if you are not, so don’t be lame!  

House show venue The Reef is bringing in The Reys, Pons and Mindfully Blind for live performances Saturday night. This will be Mindfully Blind’s second performance of the night while they close the show at The Reef. The time and location of the event will be revealed on their Instagram account, @the.reef.bloomington, in the coming days. Cover is $6 and costumes are encouraged.  

The Atrium at Kilroy’s Sports will host Grave Rave, their second Halloween-themed party of the week. Tickets start at $10, and the event will begin at 10 p.m.  

21+ activities for Oct. 27. 

Blockhouse Bar, a beer bar and entertainment venue, will have a Halloween cover show 8 p.m. Friday. Admission will range from $5 - $10 at the door.  

21+ activities for Oct. 28. 

The Bishop Bar is hosting a Halloween party Saturday night with performances by Potty Movth, The Devil Let Us, Rattlesnake Mafia and Fox-Body. Tickets are $10 and doors open at 9 p.m.  

The Back Door will have a “Halloqueer” party on Saturday, beginning at 10 p.m. Tickets will cost $10 cash or $12 card at the door. There will be drag performances by Ava Morningstar, St. Pussifer, Verna Vendetta and Z St. Vontrell. As The Back Door website says, “Happy Gay Christmas!” 

Blockhouse Bar will host for the second night in a row, this time featuring karaoke and a costume contest. Karaoke starts at 8 p.m. and the costume contest begins at 10:30 p.m. There is a $5 admission fee.  

The Bluebird Nightclub will have an 80s tribute Halloween party 9 p.m. Saturday, called the Hairbangers Ball. Tickets are $15.  

Cardinal Spirits’ Halloween party will feature a costume contest Saturday, beginning at 8:30 p.m. Admission is free.! There will be prizes, Halloween-themed cocktails and fun music.  

Be safe over the weekend and have a spook-tacular time.