Local music this week: headbanging, triple-header performances

entweeklyshowguide-illo

Welcome back! Here is all the information you need for Bloomington’s music scene from Sept. 12 to 17:  

18+ activities 

The Orbit Room will open its doors to all ages for a singer-songwriter show with local artists Ali Sperry and CJ Reichard. The performance begins at 7 p.m. Wednesday at 107 N. College Ave. Tickets can be purchased online for $11 with an additional table reservation for four at $15. 

The Far Side returns for the fall with a triple-header show featuring Chicago’s own pop group Disaster Kid, supported by local artist Copeland James and Bloomington indie band Emily Spinach. The show is set to begin at 7:30 p.m. Thursday at 1302 N. Woodburn Ave. Entry will be $7. 

[RELATED: Eskenazi pays homage to the 18th century in new watercolor exhibit]

RTR Tapes presents a night of hardcore music and harder core dancing featuring performances from Crime Light, Full Stride, Kill Gosling, Situational Hazard and Tos N Turn. Prepare to face the music at 7:30 p.m. Friday at the Antumbra Room, located at 213 S. Rogers St. Entry ranges from $5-10, whatever you can pay. 

Bloomington indie rock bands The Stratospheres and The Matriarch team up with Fort Wayne’s Roman New Time for a stacked show at 8 p.m. Friday at The Far Side. Entry will be $7. 

The Reef will host a second drag show with drag artists Leila Renee, Peacock the Phoenix and Peter Fondle alongside musical performances from Calico Loco and Syzygy. Performances begin at 7 p.m. Saturday at 313 N. Overhill Dr. Entry will be $10. 

[RELATED: COLUMN: Laufey’s ‘Bewitched’ is an alluring lullaby]

21+ activities 

Local indie rock band Eddie Gonzo & The Gardeners will take the stage at 10 p.m. Wednesday at the Bluebird. Tickets are just $10. 

Two Tims, Tim Reisert and Tim JW Baker, team up with T. Lipscomb for a triple-T show at 8 p.m. Thursday at The Orbit Room. Tickets can be purchased online for $9. 

Bloomington’s own country music artist Hank Ruff returns at 9 p.m. Friday at the Bluebird. Tickets are just $10.