arts performances music

Local music this week: wake up, September’s ending

entweeklyshowguide-illo

Welcome back! Here is all the information you need for Bloomington’s music scene from Sept. 26 to Oct. 1: 

18+ activities 

The next generation of music returns to the stage with the Voices of Youth Revolution monthly showcase at 6 p.m. Wednesday at the Orbit Room. All proceeds go to funding this middle school music collective. Tickets are just $5 with an additional table reservation for four available for $15. 

Ready for some hard rock n roll? Grunge punk band Brain Sex teams up with Manifest West and Samsara for a show at 8 p.m. Friday at the Far Side, located at 1302 N. Woodburn Ave. There is no listed cover for the show. 

The Lennon Beasley Experience stages its comeback at 6 p.m. Saturday at the Orbit Room. A prolific Bloomington artist, Beasley writes about local life around town. Tickets will be sold at the door. 

[RELATED: Here’s where to find Bloomington’s best dining deals]

21+ activities 

Bloomington cover band Welcome to the Neighborhood graces the stage at 10 p.m. Wednesday at the Bluebird. Tickets can be purchased online for $10. 

Portland metal band Tithe plans to stop in Bloomington on their Inverse Rapture tour with support from Bloomington grindcore band Hellbender and death metal band Vile Iniquity. This heavy metal lineup takes the stage at 8 p.m. Thursday at The Bishop. Cover will be $10. 

Local pop rhythm and blues group Honey Iced Tea is set to play at 10 p.m. Thursday at the Bluebird. Tickets can be purchased online for $5. 

Local indie rock band Too Many Cooks celebrates the release of their EP “Kitchen Sink” with a show, joining forces with other local indie bands Chorin and The Matriarch. This triple-header is set to perform at 7 p.m. Friday at Blockhouse Bar. Cover will be $5. 

[RELATED: Q&A with ‘Fall Ballet’ choreographer Christian Claessens]

Country music artist Clayton Anderson and Hoosier singer-songwriter Jake Dodds will co-headline a show at 8 p.m. Friday at the Bluebird. Tickets can be purchased online for $10. 

The Btown Hip-Hop Experiment presents a stacked show with performances from ZENtheRapper, Ed Winn, Sherrod Woods, Dariel and Jeremiah Stokes. The music begins at 7:30 p.m. Saturday at Blockhouse Bar. Entry will be $5. 

Has this week been too normal for your liking? Thankfully, the Shrek Rave returns at 9 p.m. Saturday at the Bluebird. With the tagline reading “cool is dead, who cares,” it will certainly be a night you’ll never forget. Tickets can be purchased online for $20.